Nationwide -- Former Carter-Sherman Broadcast Group President Don Sherman and former CSBG Program Director T.O. Double Todd Reynolds have launched GrownFolkJAMZ.com...The Nation's True Urban Station!
"GrownFolkJAMZ.com is the ultimate urban listening experience," said Sherman, Director of Operations for Intrepid Communications.
Reynolds, who reprises his role as Program Director for Intrepid, says "The urban radio listener is not one dimensional. GrownFolkJAMZ.com features every format that the urban listener enjoys, professionally positioned in to one hour, every hour. We change the channel for Ya!"
To target the urban listener, GrownFolkJAMZ.com features:
* Song of Celebration Mini-Mix! @ top of every hour (Uplifting Gospel Tracks)
* Old School Hip-Hop & Funk Throwback JAMZ! @ bottom of every hour
* Music sweeps that include R&B, Classic Soul, and Smooth Jazz
* Gone! - Hourly showcase of a track by an artist who has unexpectedly passed
* The Flow! – A Comedy or Spoken Word Minute
* The Real Quiet Storm! – Overnight...Every Night
* Joyful Sounds! – Every Sunday Morning
On November 18, 2009, GrownFolkJAMZ.com soft launched by playing 30,000 commercial free JAMZ in a row. Veteran urban radio imaging maestro Al Twitty was chosen to be the big voice of GrownFolkJAMZ.com
On January 4, 2010, Reynolds and Sherman assumed their on-air duties in the morning and afternoon, respectively.
For more information, www.GrownFolkJAMZ.com, Grown@GrownFolkJAMZ.com, or the Toll Free JAMZ Line: 1-888-22-GROWN.