Evocative is a word that has been used to describe, or better said, react to the music of Darian Stavans. Evocative? One would imagine that such a music would bring to the mind and heart shared memories, but one does not necessarily share memories with an artist; one shares feelings, reflections, dreams. These are the things one finds in the music of Darian Stavans— a passage of sorts to that special place we all have deep in our souls. The apparent simplicity of works such as Interiors, Passion, and Poetic is powerfully touching and intensely beautiful. Captivating melodies hold our attention as their notes drop ever deeper into the soul of the listener, retrieving echoes of the human experience we all share. Our lives may be different, but our feelings are not. Stavans’ music glides us soothingly into currents of profoundly romantic reverie, pools of sunlit serenity, and occasionally into the depths of fleeting melancholy. Stavans, the composer, imbues his music with texture: a guitar lends its sometimes earthy, sometimes airy quality to Els Segons Temps; whereas a lighter, more translucent harp is used to render Lullabies. In making his music come alive, Stavans has also become a producer (he produced all the works featured here) and a conductor. He conducted and recorded the St. Angelis Symphony Orchestra for his works Noir et Blanc and Prayer. Nonetheless, Darian Stavans is first and foremost a gifted composer and pianist. His music speaks his soul and in so doing, speaks to our own. Perhaps listening to his works we might become acquainted with the artist, but it would be more accurate to say, we become reacquainted with ourselves.
DARIAN STAVANS (b. 1962) composer, pianist, music producer.
* composer of concert music for different ensembles and solo instruments including piano, harp, guitar as well as mixed ensembles and full orchestra.
* participated in numerous concerts in different venues in Mexico and the US as pianist and music composer.
* created a large number of CD productions based on his own inspiring music and technical achievement, participating as composer and interpreter.
* built up his own catalog DARIAN STAVANS - MUSIC as music composer and interpreter of solo instrument, mixed ensembles and full orchestra.
* founder and creator of MUSIC STUDIO - CLASSICAL, dedicated to develop and enrich a CD catalog based on solo and chamber classical music beginning from the renaissance period up to the twentieth century and modern music.
* commercial production and distribution in Mexico, US, Canada, Europe, Asia and Australia.
* graduated in Music Composition and Piano at the National School of Music of the National Autonomous University of Mexico.
* masters degree in Music Composition at New England Conservatory of Music.
* Gabino Barreda Medal to academic merit UNAM (Mexico).
* JPFolks Awards - 2009 Solo Piano Nomination! Album: "POETIC / POETICA" / 2009 Song Nominees! Song: "OF LOVE / DE AMOR".
* composer, pianist.
* classical music composer for solo instrument, chamber music and full orchestration.
* composer of major music works for theater and cinema.
( music studio / a division of Music Studio - Group (c) copyright 2010 )