Job Code: L365-760-09
Live365 is looking for programmers to help rebuild and extend its entire service, including its backend servers and databases, core server applications, streaming audio servers, website, web-based tools and client-based broadcasting and listening applications.
Beyond top-notch programming skills, you should be well-versed in interactive design principles and multi-platform, localized product development strategies. Experience developing for the Windows or Mac desktop, mobile apps or CE devices is a big plus.
If you are excited about streaming audio/mobile technology, and want your work to be used by millions of music fans and thousands of broadcasters each month, than this is the job for you.
- This position requires initiative and the ability to remain flexible and responsive in a very dynamic environment
- 4+ years working as a developer of commercial software applications
- Expertise in developing with Perl, Java or C/C++ in a commercial environment
- Familiarity with web server platforms, protocols, and applications including Apache and Unix
- Good understanding of relational and/or object-oriented database technologies, including hands-on experience with reading/writing SQL on ORACLE, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Organizational and time-management skills under tight deadlines
- Comfort working in fast-paced environment
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with source control systems and bug management
- Open source development experience a plus
- Mac/Windows desktop development experience or coursework
- iOS/Android/RIM/Windows mobile app development experience or coursework
- Experience with multi-language localization and global deployment
- Experience with transcoding/streaming of audio and video a plus
- Experience with music/entertainment websites a plus
- Additional spoken/written languages a plus
- Design and implement a wide range of projects covering all aspects of the Live365 service
- Hands-on programming, closely following product specifications for a high level of quality and end-user satisfaction
- Work alongside project managers, database and software engineers in multiple departments to move a project to completion
- Design, build, test, debug, and deploy product features
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance Team in debugging and problem resolution
- Estimate time for project milestones, track time, and stick to tight deadlines while adhering to user requirements and quality standards
- Work with our web engineering teams both in the US and Asia
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience required.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
or fax to (650) 345-7497. Please indicate the job title and job code L365-760-09 in the subject line of your email or fax. Thank you.