Job Code: L365-750-108
Live365, Inc. (www.live365.com) is the world's largest Internet radio network, with an audience of more than 3 million listeners each month. Live365 is unique in that its programming is created by music fans; anyone with a computer and an Internet connection can create their own Internet radio station for a small monthly fee. The result is the most diverse array of high-quality streaming audio available today, with thousands of stations spanning myriad genres, broadcasting from over 150 countries.
Live365, Inc. is seeking a bright, articulate, detail-oriented, highly productive Technical Customer Service Specialist to be a friendly representative of the company while answering users' questions about its Webcasting and online listening services, resolving issues encountered by the Web site's users and subscribers, identifying bugs and UI/UE obstacles, and providing all-round top-notch customer service. In addition to communicating with customers, the Technical Customer Support Specialist will act as a liaison to the Product, Quality Assurance and Engineering teams by providing valuable feedback, tracking statistics and informing product improvements and enhancements.
The perfect candidate is a college graduate who views a support position as a terrific opportunity to interact with virtually every major technical and business unit in a technology company.
- Read and respond to e-mail from Live365.com users and subscribers.
- Troubleshoot problems Live365.com users are having with browsers, links, media players, community applications, our proprietary broadcasting software or their Live365 memberships and/or subscriptions. Follow problems to the point of full resolution.
- Collaborate with other team members in the development of (and adherence to) standard troubleshooting steps and resolutions, escalation policies and procedures, and support documentation.
- Proactively improving product or process by making appropriate personnel aware of issues and following appropriate avenues until resolution.
- Write user-facing tutorials, FAQs and response templates.
- Report user trends. Evaluate and appropriately escalate problems to other departments.
- Complete appropriate weekly reports.
- Answer and direct calls at the switchboard to the proper party in the company.
- Represent the company with a professional and courteous demeanor.
- "Master"-level Internet user highly familiar with prevalent Internet software, technologies, and Social Networks.
- Power-level user of the Windows operating system with significant experience dealing with advanced settings and configurations, including registries, drivers, system sounds and codecs, control panel, etc.
- Ability to quickly and adeptly identify and troubleshoot computer issues such as problems with system sound and sound cards, Internet connectivity, hardware installation and errors, software installation and the likes at a medium-to-high level.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and communicate possibly complex technical problems and solutions to a non-technical customers.
- Basic understanding of the Mac OS and a disposition to be able to learn more about it if needed.
- Demonstrable analytical ability including ability to recognize and associate symptoms to causes and act appropriately, both in assisting customers and escalating issues internally.
- Ability to write well, politely and quickly; ability to communicate warmly, succinctly and clearly on the phone.
- Is doggedly persistent in pursuing resolution of issues both internally (with busy engineering and QA staff) and externally with non-technically-adept customers.
- Understands that retaining customers is the company's highest priority and the basis of its success.
- B.A. or B.S. in Computer Science, Information System or a similar discipline desired.
- Keen interest in music or radio helps!
While not necessary in the day-to-day support position, possessing some or many of the following skills may come in handy as working opportunities with other Live365 departments come up: programming experience, SQL experience, web-design experience.
Salary range DOE.
Benefits: 401K, Medical and Dental Coverage
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (650) 345-7497.
Please include job code L365-750-108 in the subject line of your email or fax cover letter.